Southeast Texas DXer

The Exciting Adventures of a Radio DX'er from Southeast Texas

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Finally! Heard the Unid Tone on 1610 kHz!

Having been unable to get to a decent radio until just now, I have not been able to participate in the "feeding frenzy" of DX'ers reporting an unidentified station carrying a test tone on 1610 kHz. Hooray! I can now join the crowd! Using my new KA-1103, I most definitely heard the tone! According to my hack, the signal is emanating from an unknown location roughly ENE from my QTH in southeast Texas.

I did not hear it without difficulty, however. There were two annoying TIS stations that I had to slightly tune away from in order to hear the tone. Hear it, though, I did!!

It's amazing how many e-mails and weblogs this tone has generated. Could it be a signal from Mars (Mars Hill, NC?) or a secret transmission from "across the pond?" One can imagine hundreds of possibilities! I will be most disappointed if the DX community finds out it was just another station doing some unscheduled transmitter tweaking, not realizing that they have generated more DX logs in a few days than ever before in recent DX history!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home