Southeast Texas DXer

The Exciting Adventures of a Radio DX'er from Southeast Texas

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Deutsche Welle 15410 kHz via Madagascar

Interesting conditions on 11 Jun 2006. I was able to hear the Deutsche Welle Madagascar relay on 15410 kHz with "Mailbag" programme starting at 0509 UTC through 0600 UTC sign-off. Their signals were extremely good - SINPO 54444. According to their Summer 2006 schedule, they were using parallel frequencies of 9630 kHz (via Sines, Portugal), 9700 kHz (via Kigali, Rwanda), and 17800 kHz (via Dhabbaya, UAE). The Kigali and Sines frequencies were audible, but very weak with noise and static. The Dhabbaya frequency was totally inaudible from my location.

If you need Madagascar, then give a listen. DW is usually very good about verifying listener reports. They have an online reception report form (the link is located at the bottom of their DX Pages webpage, but I couldn't figure out a way to actually send the form back to them after completing it. I re-typed it and sent it via e-mail to the address at the bottom of the form.

Since the 2006 World Cup is being played in Germany, I've requested their special QSL card. I'll try to put a picture of it here once I receive it!

2 Comments:

Blogger weatherall said...

Thanks for posting about DW. I can receive DW English from Kigali (thanks to a tip from someone living nearby), but I haven't tried their Madagascar signal yet.

Sun Nov 05, 12:14:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have received QSL cards using the form. You have to fill out the form, then essentially save it again as a .pdf and send it in email.

Sat Feb 10, 10:58:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home